OHCA Policies and Rules

Search Entire Policy
OHCA Policies and Rules Main Page

317:25-7-30.Obtaining SoonerCare services
[Revised 01-01-09]
(a) Medical services which are not the responsibility of the PCP to authorize under the care coordination component of SoonerCare, as described in OAC 317:25-7-10(b), are obtained in the same manner as under the regular SoonerCare fee-for-service program.
(b) Authorization for out-of-state transportation for primary care and specialty care is determined by the OHCA Medical Director.
(c) An eligible SoonerCare member may choose a PCP from the provider directory, including the IHS, tribal and Urban Indian clinics that participate as SoonerCare PCPs. The member needs to have the Certified Degree of Indian Blood information in order to enroll. An American Indian member in SoonerCare may enroll with a PCP who is not an IHS, tribal, or urban Indian clinic and still use the IHS, tribal or urban Indian clinic for medical care. A referral from the PCP is needed for services that the clinic cannot provide, except for self-referred services.
(d) If an IHS, tribal or urban Indian clinic is unable to deliver a service to a SoonerCare enrollee and must refer the member for the service to a non-IHS, tribal or urban Indian clinic, SoonerCare reimbursement is made only when the service is referred by the PCP, unless PCP authorization is not required under OAC 317:25-7-10(b).
(e) The PCP is not obligated to provide emergency services and is not responsible for authorization or approval for payment for members seen in the emergency room. The PCP may not require members to seek prior authorization for emergency services. However, the PCP may provide emergency care in an emergency setting, within his/her legal scope of practice.
(f) Some outpatient procedures require prior authorization. The PCP is responsible for obtaining a list before an outpatient procedure is done.


Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.