OHCA Policies and Rules

Search Entire Policy
OHCA Policies and Rules Main Page

317:30-5-1201.Benefits for members with mental retardation
[Revised 06-25-12]
(a) Living Choice program participants with intellectual disabilities may receive a range of necessary medical and home and community based services for one year after moving from the institution. The one year period begins the day the member occupies a qualified residence in the community. Once this transition period is complete, the member receives services through the Community waiver.
(b) Services must be billed using the appropriate HCPCS or CPT codes and must be medically necessary.
(c) All services must be necessary for the individual to live in the community, require prior authorization, and must be documented in the individual transition plan. The number of units of services the member is eligible to receive is limited to the amounts approved in the transition plan. The transition plan may be amended as the member's needs change.
(d) Services that may be provided to members with intellectual disabilities are listed in paragraphs (1) through (28) of this subsection:
(1) assistive technology;
(2) adult day health care;
(3) architectural modifications;
(4) audiology evaluation and treatment;
(5) community transition;
(6) daily living support;
(7) dental services;
(8) family counseling;
(9) family training;
(10) group home;
(11) respite care;
(12) homemaker services;
(13) habilitation training services;
(14) home health care;
(15) intensive personal support;
(16) extended duty nursing;
(17) skilled nursing;
(18) nutrition services;
(19) therapy services including physical, occupational, and speech;
(20) psychiatry services;
(21) psychological services;
(22) agency companion services;
(23) non-emergency transportation;
(24) pre-vocational services;
(25) supported employment services;
(26) specialized foster care;
(27) specialized medical equipment and supplies; and
(28) SoonerCare compensable medical services.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.