OHCA Policies and Rules

Search Entire Policy
OHCA Policies and Rules Main Page

317:30-5-660.5.Health Center service definitions
[Revised 09-01-16]

The following words and terms, when used in this Subchapter, shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Core Services" means outpatient services that may be covered when furnished to a patient at the Center or other location, including the patient's place of residence.

"Encounter or Visit" means a face-to-face contact between an approved health care professional as authorized in the FQHC state plan pages and an eligible SoonerCare member for the provision of defined services through a Health Center within a 24-hour period ending at midnight, as documented in the patient's medical record.

"Licensed Behavioral Health Professional (LBHP)" means licensed psychologists, licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), licensed marital and family therapists (LMFTs), licensed professional counselors (LPCs), licensed behavioral practitioners (LBPs), and licensed alcohol and drug counselors (LADCs).

"Other ambulatory services" means other health services covered under the State plan other than core services.

"Physician" means:

(A) a doctor of medicine or osteopathy legally authorized to practice medicine and surgery by the State in which the function is performed or who is a licensed physician employed by the Public Health Service;

(B) within limitations as to the specific services furnished, a doctor of dentistry or dental or oral surgery, a doctor of optometry, or a doctor of podiatry;

"Physicians' services" means professional services that are performed by a physician at the Health Center (or are performed away from the Center, excluding inpatient hospital services) whose agreement with the Center provides that he or she will be paid by the Health Center for such services.

   "PPS" means prospective payment system all-inclusive per visit rate method specified in the State plan.

Disclaimer. The OHCA rules found on this Web site are unofficial. The official rules are published by the Oklahoma Secretary of State Office of Administrative Rules as Title 317 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. To order an official copy of these rules, contact the Office of Administrative Rules at (405) 521-4911.