SoonerPlan is Oklahoma’s family planning program for women and men who are not enrolled in regular SoonerCare services.
- U.S. citizen or qualified alien;
- Oklahoma resident;
- Not enrolled in regular SoonerCare;
- Within the income standard (185 percent of the Federal Poverty Level).
You may receive family planning services from any contracted SoonerCare provider who offers family planning. SoonerPlan pays for family planning services (birth control), including:
- Birth control information and supplies
- Office visits and physical exams related to family planning;
- Laboratory tests related to family planning services, including pregnancy tests, Pap smears and screening for some sexually transmitted infections;
- Tubal ligations for women age 21 and older;
- Vasectomies for men age 21 and older; and
- Gardasil for males and females through age 26.
These services will be paid for as long as you are seeking a birth control method.
How to apply
Call your local County Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) office - To find your local County OKDHS office, call 405-521-2779.
- Oklahoma Health Care Authority - To request an application by mail, call (800) 987-7767 or (800) 757-5979 (TDD) Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Translation services are available.
- SoonerCare Health Benefits Application
English | Spanish - To request an application by mail, call (800) 987-7767 or (800) 757-5979 (TDD) Translation services are available.
- If you apply online, you will know instantly whether your application has been approved or denied;
- If you mail in an application, you will receive a letter from the OHCA telling you if your application has been approved or denied;
- If approved, you may be eligible for SoonerPlan for up to 12 months;
- If approved, you will receive a white plastic medical ID card;
- You must present the medical ID card to receive services.
Covered Medical Services
For a list of services and their corresponding codes, click on the following link
Additional primary medical services
Medical services not found on the SoonerPlan Services and Service Codes list are not covered. If you need additional medical services, you may contact the OHCA by calling (800) 987-7767 or (800) 757-5979 (TDD) Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the OHCA staff will give you referral information about where you may obtain medical services that are not covered by SoonerPlan; You will be financially responsible for payment for any non-covered services you receive.