Mission Statement: To improve access, quality and utilization of health care for pregnant women and children in SoonerCare.
Pregnancy services are offered to qualified Oklahoma women to increase the likelihood of a healthy pregnancy and birth. Regular prenatal care is important in order to monitor how the pregnancy is going and it also helps spot any potential health problems before they become serious.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download and complete the English or Spanish application then mail it to:
- Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- P.O. Box 548804
- Oklahoma City, OK 7315
Request an application to be mailed to you by calling from your local OKDHS county office. You may also make an appointment to visit their offices. The OKDHS workers will assist you in gathering the needed information and applying for SoonerCare benefits.
- You will receive an approval/denial letter letting you know whether you will receive SoonerCare, if you need to turn in more documentation or if your application has been denied.
- If approved, you will need to choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) right away (please see Choosing a PCP section below) and make an appointment to begin or continue your prenatal care.
- If approved, you will receive a SoonerCare I.D. Card. Take this card with you every time you take your child to the doctor.
Some services may need a referral, prior approval by your doctor, or small copay. Services availability and limits on services differ between the SoonerCare obstetrical care coverage and the Soon-to-be-Sooners coverage. If you have questions on coverage please call the Oklahoma Health Care Authority member helpline 1-800-987-7767.
Services for obstetrical care may include:
- Routine visits
- Specialty visits (when medically necessary)
- Delivery services
- Labs & diagnostics related to pregnancy
- Maternal & infant health social work
- Lactation consultation services
- Smoking cessation
- Diabetes testing supplies
- Genetic counseling
- High risk obstetric care (when medically necessary)
Choosing a Provider
Visit our provider page for a list of lactation consultants, maternal and infant health licensed clinical social workers, dentists and PCPs.
You may choose an obstetric provider of your choice as long as he/she is a SoonerCare contracted provider and their office is accepting new patients.
For questions regarding how to choose a provider please call the SoonerCare Helpline 1-800-987-7767.